ASATT welcomes job postings from any organization that has opportunities that may be of interest to our membership.
How to Post a Job
Complete the ASATT Career Center order form. The message will be posted to the online Career Center.
A single listing is $200 per 30 days. Institutions with ASATT members on staff receive a 25% discount.
* Postings must be submitted in a word document with no images.
4/18/2019 Anesthesia Technologist
White Plains Hospital Job Description
Title: Anesthesia Technologist Job Code: 500293
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Nurse Manager, OR
Reporting directly to the OR Nurse Manager, the Anesthesia Technologist support anesthesiologists, CRNA’s, nurses and other members of the anesthesia care team. Their main duty is maintaining anesthesia equipment. Anesthesia Technologist clean, sterilizes, test, calibrate and troubleshoot anesthesia equipment, as well as maintains records of equipment inspections. Duties include transporting patients to surgery. This individual is also responsible for the supply and processing needs of the Anesthesia Department and assists in the preparation of the Operating Rooms with necessary equipment and supplies for surgical procedures. This person works collaboratively with the Biomedical Engineering and Respiratory Therapy Departments and is an integral member of the Operating Room team with a commitment to efficiency and to providing safe, high quality care to the surgical patients. He or she performs other responsibilities as requested by the Nurse Manager, RN designee, or Director of Anesthesia or his designee.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
1. Understands and adheres to the WPH Performance Standards, Policies and Behaviors.
2. Orders supplies for Anesthesia Department (storeroom items, direct purchases, pharmaceuticals).
3. Restocks all ORs and L&D rooms with anesthesia equipment and supplies.
4. Cleans anesthesia machines and carts on a regular or as-needed basis.
5. Inventories medications on carts and in Anesthesia office, checks expiration dates, and removes and
replaces outdated items.
6. Processes laryngoscopes and bronchoscopes, cleans LMAs and transports to Central Supply for sterilization.
7. Restocks anesthesia supply room and maintains in an orderly environment.
8. Oversees and documents scheduled maintenance and emergency repairs of anesthesia equipment.
9. Transports nitrous oxide and oxygen tanks from Receiving Department.
10. Transports blood specimens to Laboratory and blood products from Blood Bank to OR.
11. Checks ORs between cases and resupplies missing items (IV poles, ether screen holders, suction, arm
boards and straps, warming blankets and machines, appropriate furniture, etc).
12. Stocks and organizes OR holding area.
13. Assists Nursing Staff with picking next day’s cases, moving equipment and answering phones (3-11PM only).
14. Transports tissue and culture specimens to Pathology and Microbiology (3-11PM only).
15. Utilizes current WPHC Infection Control Policies and Procedures.
16. Responds appropriately in emergency situations.
17. Identifies malfunctioning equipment and returns to appropriate department.
18. Demonstrates a consistent level of performance.
19. Adheres to WPH policies and procedures including dress code, code of conduct, customer service,
attendance and submission of annual physical.
20. Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
Completion of a postsecondary certificate, diploma or associate's degree is required.
Certification from an approved Anesthesia Technologist program – Cer.A.T.T. required.
Acts in a professional capacity and serve as a role model.
Retains composure under stress 100% of the time.
Physical/Mental Demands/Requirements & Work Environment
- May be exposed to chemicals necessary to perform required tasks. Any hazardous chemicals the employee may be exposed to are listed in the hospital’s SDS (Safety Data Sheet) data base and may be accessed through the hospital’s Intranet site (Employee Tools/SDS Access). A copy of the SDS data base can also be found at the hospital switchboard, saved on a disc.
- Must be physically able to frequently transport more than 50 lbs and lift patients of all weights with a minimum of one (1) assist or assistive device; perform difficult manipulative, arm – hand steadiness and hand –eye coordination skills; walk and stand for a minimum of 3 hours at a time. Must be physically able to meet all regulatory requirements 100% of the time.
Primary Population Served
Check appropriate box(s) below:
☐Neonatal (birth – 28 days) ☐Patients with exceptional communication needs
☐Infant (29 days – less than 1 year) ☐Patients with developmental delays
☐Pediatric (1 – 12 years) ☐Patients at end of life
☐Adolescent (13 – 17 years) ☐Patients under isolation precautions
☐Adult (18 – 64 years) ☐Patients with cultural needs
☐Geriatric (> 65 years) ☒All populations
☐Bariatric Patients with weight related comorbidities □ Non-patient care population
The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this job description are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs
of White Plains Hospital.
4/17/2019 Certified Anesthesia Technician
Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients’ experiences.
Certified Anesthesia Technician – Per Diem
Moreno Valley, California
In this role, you will assist the Anesthesia provider under the supervision of the Chief of Anesthesiology, or designee. You will practice in accordance with the legal scope of practice and within established standards of care, policies, and procedures.
- A graduate of an ASATT approved program in Anesthesia Technology with an AS degree or at least two years of experience as a Certified Anesthesia Technician with a high school diploma
- Certified with the American Society of Technologists and Technicians (ASATT), as a technologist or technician
- A valid BLS Provider Card
- The ability to demonstrate knowledge and skill in the use of anesthesia equipment, including trouble shooting
- Working knowledge of Anesthesia department procedures
- Knowledge of principles of asepsis
- Demonstrated ability to perform the duties and responsibilities required of a Certified Anesthesia Technician
- The ability to demonstrate manual dexterity and mechanical ability
- The ability to lift 45lbs of equipment from an overhead position on a daily basis
- The ability to push/pull up to 500lbs
- The ability to stand or walk continuously
- The ability to exercise judgment and work efficiently and competently with minimal supervision
- The ability to utilize effective communication strategies, which result in intended outcomes
- Keyboarding skills upon training, with the ability to use appropriate computer software applications, including the Health Connect system
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Basic EKG certificate/course
- Certificate of training for Drager or GE Anesthesia systems or other Anesthesia delivery systems
- A valid ACLS Provider Card
For immediate consideration, please visit http://kp.org/careers for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 762512.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers
3/26/2019 Anesthesia Technician Supervisor
Anesthesia Technician Supervisor
Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston MA
The Anesthesia Technician Supervisor oversees the technical operation of the Anesthesia Technician service, including hiring, training and the direct supervision of the Anesthesia Technicians. This position assures the quality of service and monitoring for patients undergoing anesthesia in all anesthetizing locations throughout the hospital. The Anesthesia Technician Supervisor maintains, services, sets up, tests, and troubleshoots equipment. The Supervisor also provides technical assistance to the Anesthesia staff in the care of patients based on the hospital’s scope of practice and hospital policies, as determined by the responsible Medical Director.
- Associate’s degree in Science or equivalent in education. In lieu of formal education, minimum of five years’ experience with equipment calibration, first level repairs, and testing and troubleshooting of anesthesia equipment may be considered.
- Preference for ASATT certified Anesthesia Technician/Technologist with well-rounded technical and operations experience.
- Prior leadership and team building experience required (within an Operating Room setting is preferred).
- Prior Supervisory experience preferred.
- BCLS preferred, but training will be provided. Successful completion within the first 90 days of employment required.
To apply, a complete job description and application can be found by going to:
Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH) is an international leader in healthcare and the site of pioneering breakthroughs that have improved lives around the world. Whether measured in terms of lives saved, expanding the boundaries of medicine through research, serving the needs of our local and global community, transforming the future of healthcare through education, or the personal satisfaction of stretching your talents— a career at BWH is unlike any other. Here you will find teamwork and collaboration are the norm. Our employees form a close-knit bond, based on mutual respect and devotion to our patients which forms the basis for our workplace culture known as the Brigham way.
BWH offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, to learn more please visit our benefits overview web site page here: http://www.brighamandwomens.org/About_BWH/Careers/benefits.aspx
EEO Statement: Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
3/29/2019 Anesthesia Tech
About Providence Health: Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven by quality, compassion, and Christ, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Anesthesia Tech Position Summary: Responsible for ensuring each operating room is set up and prepared for patients each day. Responsible for maintaining all anesthesia equipment is in good repair, cleans and decontaminates reusable items for sterilization. Inventories and restocks anesthesia machines and carts. Follows Providence Hospitals' Mission, Vision, and Values.
*Education: High school graduate (or equivalent)
*Licensure/Certification: BLS,ACLS and PALS, Must be certified
*Professional Experience: Requires a minimum of three years experience in an operating room environment. Working knowledge of anesthesia specialty equipment and how to operate same.
Working knowledge of medical terminology and type of supplies used on specific cases.
3/25/2019 Lead Anesthesia Technician
Lead Anesthesia Technician – Full Time, 7:00AM – 3:00PM
Back to Results
Job ID: 1055041_RR00029430
Area of Talent: Allied Health/Other, Anesthesiology (H737), NYU Langone Hospitals
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Location: NYU Langone Hospitals
Shift: 07:00 AM to 03:00 PM variable hours
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute¿designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Lead Anesthesia Technician.
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for stocking all anesthetic supplies for ORs, maintaining all anesthetic equipment, insuring necessary anesthetic equipment is available for each case.
- Performs a multitude of duties during stressful situations. Maintains and establishes department policies and procedures, and plays an active role in Q and A activities. Incorporates cost outing measure according to corporate guidelines working through purchasing. Ensures workroom areas are clean and orderly before, during and after each shift. Performs all other related anesthesia departmental duties as required.
- Assists in CV procedures when special equipment and supplies are required. Demonstrates knowledge of fluids used on a daily basis, including Lactated Ringers, Plasma Lite, Normal Saline, Hespan, Flextend, FFP, Whole Blood and Albumin. Retrieval of all IV fluids. Prepares critically ill patients for line placement. Demonstrates knowledge of all components of percutaneous introducer kits, double lumen kits, triple lumen kit, long arm CVP kits, and any invasive volume procedure. Demonstrates knowledge and set up of the following machines: Level I RIS, syringe pumps, capnographs, TEG and TEEs. Assists with set up of special equipment. Establishes and coordinates all off site anesthesia specifically MM, CT, Neuro X Ray, photon & Gamma Knife Procedures. Proficient with ABG and ACT units. Able to calibrate and run QC/QA analysis on associated systems.
- Assists with transport and monitoring of critically ill patients. Demonstrates knowledge of pain management procedures including specific blocks, epidurals, spinals and patient positioning. Assists by holding patient and/or equipment for the procedure. Demonstrates knowledge of airway management protocols, including trans-tracheal intubations, fiberoptic scopes, LMAs, copas, tube changer, jet ventilation and AMBU bag. Assists during difficult intubations. Demonstrates knowledge of chest cases and tube placement, including double lumen tubes, ARNDT blockers and univent tubes.
- Ensures the sterility and cleanliness of specialized equipment, including TEEs, fiberoptic scopes and LMAs. Calibrates and trouble-shoots all anesthesia machines. Provides necessary medication during procedures when needed. Responsible for attending to medical pipeline, including N2O, CO2 and N2. Clears all debris and equipment from the surface and drawers of all used anesthesia machines. Checks all machine drawers for mandatory supplies according to the complete list provided by the supervisor. Checks the status of nitrous oxide, nitrogen and carbon dioxide cylinder banks to determine available supply pressure. Replaces empty cylinders as necessary and answer to the alarm calls. Makes minor repairs and adjustments on anesthesia equipment as necessary. Informs Engineering of repair needed to equipment. Performs other related duties as requested.
- Maintains on a daily and case to case basis, the equipment and supplies necessary to provide quality and cost effective anesthesia care to all patients cared for by the Anesthesiology Department. Applies principles of infection control and safety, including proper handling, cleaning, sterilizing and/or disposal of equipment or supplies used in regular and contaminated cases. Sets up sterile equipment, such as intravenous, central venous, arterial and pulmonary artery catheters using sterile techniques. Performs all standard procedural checks on equipment; reports any malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
- Assists with the supervision of the Anesthesia Technicians and provides support to the supervisor. Ensures that the supervisor is kept aware of work situations and performance of each employee on an ongoing-basis. Trains newly hired technicians effectively in the procedures of the department and pertinent hospital policies. Orients existing employees to new procedures and/or changes in existing procedures. Offers continuing guidance and technical assistance to employees on work activities and procedures. Assists with trouble shooting technical problems. Organizes work to facilitate the work flow of Anesthesia Technicians. Reviews work for accuracy and completeness. Leads training sessions for the technicians to improve technical expertise. Monitors the work of staff in order to provide clear and accurate feedback to supervisor regarding performance.
- Provides approved assistance to Anesthesiologists/CRNAs during induction, maintenance and emergence from Anesthesia. Assists Anesthesiologists/CRNAs with the placement of regional anesthetics and invasive monitoring devices. Follows directives and special protocols from Anesthesiologists for specific surgeries, i.e. Cardiac, Liver Transplants, Neuro, Vascular, etc. Communicates and actively participates with circulating nurses for plans concerning each case.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a Bachelors Degree in health care related field preferred or a suitable combination of education and experience. Graduate of approved Anesthesia Technician program. Certification in BLS-C required. Basic computer skills, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook. Experience in staff development and training. Ability to lift and push all anesthesia equipment and supplies over 50 lbs.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
To Apply online