City College, a private, non-profit college is currently seeking motivated, results-oriented, passionate and energetic individuals who can work in a fast-paced environment and are committed to changing lives through the power of education. City College is Institutionally Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
This position is responsible for specific academic programs of the college. Supervisor abilities are a necessity since this person will assist in hiring and training of specific faculty members who will teach in the Coordinator area of responsibility.
- Understand and implement the institution’s mission, philosophy, policies, and procedures.
- Understand National and Programmatic accreditation as it applies to the managed program.
- Complete required reports, curriculum alignments, attending meetings and maintain requirements in accordance with accreditation standards.
- Maintain the highest standards of regulatory compliance.
- Maintain City College standards on persistence and placement as per National and/or Programmatic Accreditation guidelines.
- Submit quarterly reports to the DoE re department persistence, placement, student activities and student satisfaction status and plans.
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise faculty members
- Orient, onboard and monitor faculty in classroom/clinical environment in accordance with City College faculty guidelines.
- Ensure that Annual faculty development plans are completed for each faculty member.
- Ensure quarterly update of faculty development plans based on (a) completed faculty development and in-service activities (b) classroom observations (c) end of term student reports. Ensure recording of all results, discussion with faculty member and additional training is given if required.
- May instruct up to 24 platform hours per week (no more than 3 preps).
- Monitor students’ progress (SAP), academic and attendance records.
- Student advisement through regular meetings (scheduling, probation, graduation, placement, licensure, and testing).
- Establish tutoring dates for student taking local and or national licensure exams.
- Track pass rate data for local and national licensure exams
- Establish criteria and plans as necessary to both maintain and improve pass rates
- Service as a liaison between students and other college departments.
- Meet regularly with students for purposes of communication, retention, advising, etc.
- Arrange quarterly visits to industry sites to procure job leads and placements.
- Assist the Director of Career Services in tracking placements and assisting graduates with job placement.
- Research, write, update, revise instructional materials including a syllabus in collaboration with other system Department chairs for submission to Academic Council.
- Research and evaluate textbook choices for each course in collaboration with other system Department chairs for submission to Academic Council.
- Research and request equipment essential to the Academic program through the City College budget and purchasing procedure. Keep such equipment in good repair.
- Ensure classrooms, Labs, Bulletin Boards or common academic areas meet any required Accreditation and programmatic requirements.
- Recruit members for department advisory committee and facilitate semi-annual advisory committee meetings.
- Maintain communication with industry professionals and advisory committee members.
- Meet on a quarterly basis with Director of Education, Assistant Director of Education, Department Coordinators, Director of Admissions as well as Admissions staff to review updated information on City College Academic course offerings; also review information on graduate success stories.
- Collaborate with the Director of Admissions with product knowledge, training of representatives as requested.
- Attend trainings as necessary to maintain knowledge and ensure compliance.
- Assist the Director of Education in all aspects of academic record keeping, advising, special projects, report writing, and scheduling, etc.
- Perform other tasks as required by the Executive Support Team.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Be a certified Anesthesiology Technologist, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Anesthesiologist Assistant or Anesthesiologist.
- 3 years of teaching experience
- 5 years of occupational (OR) experience (CAAHEP)
- Must have minimum of 3 years of management experience.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Must be able to pass a criminal background check
Local Candidates Only – These are on-campus positions
City College has campuses in Fort Lauderdale, Gainesville, Miami, Hollywood and Altamonte Springs, FL.City College is Institutionally Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). City College is licensed by the Commission for Independent Education and the College is authorized by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to accept and enroll non-immigrant students. City College is approved by the Florida State Approving Agency (SAA) to train veterans and other eligible persons under the Veterans Administration Assistance Program.