Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital
St. Petersburg, FL
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
At Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, we offer first-class pediatric care, along with the best lifestyle anyone could imagine. In the heart of Tampa Bay, our main campus and state-of-the-art facility is located in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida, and just minutes from restaurants, beautiful beaches, sports arenas and a multitude of family activities.
We are committed to cultivating, nurturing and hiring the best talent for our organization and believe every person makes a difference in the lives of our patients and their families. As you’ll see, we take our work and our fun very seriously. We think you're going to love it here.
The Anesthesia Technician supports patient care activities by assisting the anesthesia provider in the acquisition, preparation, and application of anesthesia equipment and supplies required for the administration of anesthesia for procedures. The Anesthesia Technician provides intraoperative support for the anesthesia provider in order to optimize patient care delivery.
- Assist anesthesia providers in the acquisition, preparation, and application of the equipment and supplies required for administration of anesthesia to support patient care activities.
- Assist with the care of patients undergoing anesthesia to achieve desired clinical outcomes.
- Prepare and maintain patient monitoring devices and anesthesia delivery systems before, during and after anesthesia to ensure all equipment is in proper working condition.
- Cleans, sterilizes, disinfects, stocks, orders and maintains anesthesia equipment and supplies to maintain a safe patient environment.
- High School Graduate/GED.
- Minimum of two years’ experience as an Anesthesia Technician. Certification in specialty preferred.
- Anesthesia Trainee, Patient Care or EMT experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of medical and anesthesia terminology.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/anesthesia
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.