ASATT REFRESHER/ADVANCEMENT/PROVISIONAL RECERTIFICATION PROGRAM STANDARDS
There are three methods by which certification can be re-established or advanced:
Click Here for REFRESHER/ADVANCEMENT/PROVISIONAL RECERTIFICATION PROGRAM STANDARDS
The Refresher Program is offered to certified anesthesia technologists who have not been substantially engaged in the practice of anesthesia technology for more than 2 years and must update their skills and knowledge of current clinical and theoretical practice in anesthesia technology in order to meet the established standards of practice and to apply for recertification through examination.
The Advancement Program is designed for the certified anesthesia technician who requires additional knowledge and skills in clinical practice in order to meet the established standards of practice of a certified anesthesia technologist.
Provisional Recertification may be granted for the previously certified anesthesia technologist/technician whose certification was allowed to lapse due to late or insufficient CE credits beyond the December 31st re-certification deadline.
Sensor’s Online Quiz
Click here to take a quiz! cost: $10.00 for members and $20.00 for non-members per quiz
The Growing Profession of Anesthesia Technology
Why consider an Anesthesia Technology Program?
As a growing allied health profession, the Anesthesia Technology profession specifically focuses on fundamental and advanced clinical procedures, which assist the anesthesia provider in the safe and efficient care of patients receiving anesthesia. Working under the direction of the anesthesia provider, the Anesthesia Technologist is a vital member of the anesthesia care team. They are proficient in the acquisition, preparation, and application of various types of equipment required for the delivery of anesthesia care. Technologists are trained to anticipate the needs of the patient and the provider, according to the surgical requirements, procedure or circumstance. Click to read full article.
ASATT Recertification 2016
When you are ready to recertify
ASATT Members who have all their CE’s on file in the database, and would like to pay with a credit card can do so online starting November 1st.
- Login and go to the Membership tab and click on Profile.
- Once in your profile, scroll down to your certification information, if you have all your CE’s on file and are due to recertify, you’ll see a button You can recertify today and a button with the recertification fee. Click on that
- Enter your credit card information, and hit submit. You’ll get a thank you for recertifying screen, and the payment receipt will be emailed along with a recertification letter.
If submitting a check or need to submit CE’s
- Print the recertification application form and proceed to completely fill out the application. Credit Card form if you would like to pay with a credit card
- Members Login and print off your recertification information. Go to the Membership tab and click on Profile, print ASATT profile. You must submit a copy of your information regardless of whether or not you have earned CE’s through ASATT sponsored events. Non-Members Submit form with proof of CE's
- Enclose the recertification application form, a copy of your recertification information from the database, proof of the remaining CE’s (if you don’t have the required 20 or 30 CE’s on the database), and correct payment for recertification. If you are mailing your packet after December 31st, be sure to include the late payment fee.
- Members: review the CE’s we have on file for accuracy for those ASATT sponsored events that you attended:
- If you have the needed CE’s on file.
- If you do not have the 20 (Cer.A.T.) or 30 (Cer.A.T.T.) CE’s needed to recertify, you will need to submit certificates or sign-in sheets for the remaining CE’s needed.
- Verify that you have a minimum of 15 (Cer.A.T.) or 25 (Cer.A.T.T.) CE’s from Category 1.
- Category II – you may submit only 5 CE’s from this category; regardless if you are a Cer.A.T. or Cer.A.T.T.
- Make check or Money Order out to ASATT for the correct amount (member versus non-member fees) and any applicable late fees .
- While ASATT grants an extension (January 31st), your employer may adhere to the December 31st expiration date. Depending on when you submit your packet, the process may take 2 to 6 weeks to complete. We suggest that you not wait until the last minute to submit your application, especially if your employer requires you to maintain your certification as a condition of employment.
- Recertification fees are non-refundable.
To help eliminate issues when recertifying please review the following: