Important Upcoming Changes to the Anesthesia Technology Profession
Anesthesia Technology is rapidly being recognized as an Allied Health Profession. As a profession sometimes we need to make difficult and somewhat painful decisions in order to secure our position as a member of the Anesthesia Care Team. To help with these transitions we are circulating information that will impact many of us in the Anesthesia Technology vocation. Listed below are some very important dates to remember and plan for. ASATT is also requesting your assistance to disseminate this information to all of your co-workers and those looking to begin a career in the anesthesia technology profession.
- July 15, 2015 is the last day to use work experience for qualification of the
technician certification exam.
- If you plan on taking the technician certification exam you will need to have
the examination application completely filled out, with all necessary
supporting documentation and payment to ASATT Headquarters prior to
June 30, 2015.
- You will need to fully meet ALL eligibility requirements by July 15, 2015 in
order to qualify for the technician certification exam.
- After July 15, 2015 you will be eligible for the technologist level exam after
successful completion of an ASATT approved/accredited program.
- At midnight on July 15, 2015 CST we will retire the technician level exam.
- After that date, the technologist certification exam will be the only one
Important notes to remember:
Certified Technicians will not be grandfathered to Certified Technologists.
You will be able to keep your Technician Certification as long as you meet the 20 CE’s needed for your certification and remain in good standing.
Sensor’s Online Quiz
Click here to take a quiz! cost: $10.00 for members and $20.00 for non-members per quiz